Re: Proposal: gnome-main-menu for inclusion in GNOME 2.18

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 21:09 -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
> On 10/19/06, Jim Krehl <jimmyk novell com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to propose that the gnome-main-menu project -- found in
> > gnome-cvs under the module "slab" -- to be included in GNOME 2.18.
> >
> > * It's stable, it's functionality having undergone many rounds of
> >   testing.
> >
> > * It's been included in a variety of distributions, primarily in
> >   openSUSE.
> >
> > * The user interface is the result of significant and iterative user
> >   testing.
> >
> > I'm sure that there are a variety of issues surrounding my proposal as
> > it's my first one and I'm a bit confused by the whole process.  Lemme
> > know what they are.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jim Krehl
>
> Jim,
>
> I have a few questions:
> How do you see this menu structure interacting with the existing two
> menu options?
> Are you proposing that we replace our currently three menu structure
> with the single one of the gnome-main-menu?
> Do you propose to have it as an option?
> If it is to be the latter choice, how do you see this interacting with
> the existing single "Main Menu"?
> Does it replace it or sit alongside it?

IMO, it should replace the menu applet currently in gnome-panel, they
serve the same purpose but slab has a much better look and a few extra
features that make it quite useful, so if I were decide, I would include
slab in the panel, to replace the current menu

> Should this its own module or part of gnome-menus?

gnome-menus is a library, do you really mean that?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>