Re: release notes: first draft

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 07:35 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:27:32AM +0100, Danilo ??egan wrote:
>
> > With Gnome 2.12 we were very successful with translation (24
> > languages!), but notes were finished two weeks before the release,
> > and stabilised at least a week before release.  I think it looked
> > really cool on
>
> This is basically my fault for sucking really badly. I should stop
> offering to do things, because I suck.
>
> > and it gave an impression of Gnome truly being the international
> > desktop it is :)
>
> That said, I don't think we had the same amount of focus over the
> release notes from people with actual English degrees last time. If
> only we could combine both.
>
> I am going to let Bob and Claus finish up with the editing, but I
> will understand if at GUADEC, any translators want to come up and
> punch me in the face.

In general I think that you've done a really good job. Most of the
paragraphs are concise and to the point. Not bad for a CS guy. :)

I also do understand Danilo's, concerns about translators so we will try
and minimize the changes to make it easier for them.

I think that overall we're in pretty good shape.

Bob

--
Bob Kashani
GARNOME Project