Re: Proposal to add Orca to GNOME 2.16

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 08:41 -0700, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
> So there's been no comment on this (or I must have missed it).  Are we
> considering Orca for GNOME 2.16[1]?
>
> sri
>

> [1] I'm assuming this is the time to propose new modules.  Although it
> seems kind of early to me.

The mail from Thomas Friehoff at Baum[1] is pretty much
a clincher.  If the Gnopernicus team is behind Orca, and
favors Orca being Gnopernicus's successor, then it really
isn't a question of "if", only "when".

What we need to think about now is the migration path for
our users.  Many users have vested time and resources into
making Gnopernicus work for them, so unless we can have a
completely seamless forced transation (a difficult thing
to do), we are going to see users using Gnopernicus for
some time.

So we do need to consider how we're going to accomodate
those users as we shift stuff over to Orca.  This means
thinking about our accessibility control panels, how we
present our accessibility tools to the users, and how
we're documenting our accessibility stack.

Perhaps an IRC meeting could be set up among the Orca
developers, the Gnopernicus developers, and a couple
of user interface and documentation people.  Hash out
a plan, report it back to the community, and make it
happen.

I'm excited.  Are you excited?  I'm excited.  Let's
make good things happen.

--
Shaun

[1] This one: