Re: getting orca included in gnome 2.16

Mike Pedersen wrote:
Hello All:

As part of the Orca development process, we are proposing Orca's
inclusion into version 2.16 of the GNOME desktop.  Several users and
distributions have inquired about the possibility of this.

As the accessibility team in the Ubuntu distribution, we would like to repeat our support for this move. We have had orca packages available for some time and several users have played around with it. Now that 6.06 has been released we can look at making backports for the latest versions as well.

On our end we are working on some new magnifier technology using compiz. Hopefully we should be able to get this to play nicely with Orca as well. See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Specs/compiz-mag

- Henrik