getting orca included in gnome 2.16

Hello All:

As part of the Orca development process, we are proposing Orca's
inclusion into version 2.16 of the GNOME desktop.  Several users and
distributions have inquired about the possibility of this.

This is in no way an attempt to remove Gnopernicus as an alternative
for blind and low-vision users.  As a matter of fact, we very much
appreciate the efforts of the Gnopernicus team in paving the way
toward an accessible GNOME desktop over the past several years.
We have been informed, however, that there can be only one screen
reader/magnifier in the GNOME desktop.

We would appreciate any feedback from the user community regarding
this change.  If any of you whom have used Orca would be willing to
give detailed examples of why you do or do not think this is a good
idea and send them to the list it would be great.  Examples we are
looking for include access to certain applications as well as your
perceptions of the screen reader usability in general.  Any
information you give will be very beneficial in helping the GNOME
maintainers make an informed decision on how to proceed.

Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback,

The Orca Team