Some Vala ideas (Was: What about Embedded?)

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 11:23 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 07:07 +0200, J�lleter wrote:

> > You might be interested in looking at Vala http://www.paldo.org/vala/ .

> > It's not ready for production use yet but it's available for testing now
> > and with feedback [hint ;) ] from interested developers I believe that
> > we can get a very nice development environment for GNOME ready in
> > relatively short time.
>
> Yes J� have been looking at your Vala stuff very recently indeed.
> And I indeed have to say it looks very interesting.

> I even think language binding code generators are not the best solution.
> Imo it should be handled by the languages themselves and fully
> automatically. Other than political, I don't see the *real* technical
> difficulties for something like that.

Probably because Vincent asked us to keep on topic, J�plied me in
private about his idea to have compiler plugins and a standardized
interface description (like GIDL).

I hope some more people with ideas will contact J�d share them.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be