Re: What about Embedded?

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 00:02 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 14:46 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Mono works just fine on embedded devices, and considering that it
> > consumes less memory than Python when running Gtk applications and
> > people do not have a problem using Python on embedded devices I do not
> > see the problem.
>
> In fact. Considering that most of ALSO the application developers in the
> GNOME context are very good at *not* freeing up their memory,

Oh, before you all start thinking he's doing the holier-than-thou thing
again: Remember that I said I wanted to use Mono for my future/upcoming
applications? That's because I'm equally bad at freeing up my memory.

The reality in this story is that application developers don't want to
care about this. This is why a lot of them prefer to develop using
virtual machines.

And this is why GNOME should accept and go for higher programming
languages and modern development techniques.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be