Re: What about Embedded?

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 18:35 -0500, Cody Russell wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 00:31 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:

> > http://dgcc.sourceforge.net/
>
> I knew about this backend I think, but I guess I didn't realize it has
> become very stable.  Or perhaps my assumption was just based on the fact
> that it hasn't been folded into gcc proper yet.

Afaik it had/has something to do with GNUs "copyright reassignment
requirement" licensing issues ;-) or something like that.

And of course where most of the guys that did the initial work on the
backend .. working on something else for a while.

I don't know the current situation. I've been too busy with tinymail to
follow up on all the details. But I can assure the people doing D that
if they continue with their D thing .. they will soon have an extra
developer that is going to use their programming language. Me ;)

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be