Re: Mono/GTK#/Tomboy

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 21:26 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 18:10 -0700, Alex Graveley wrote:
> > Hi Murray,
> >
> > As I hinted at back in April[1], I don't think Tomboy is a blanket
> > replacement for sticky notes.  As I said, into the abyss, a first-run
> > wizard for importing existing sticky notes makes more sense.
>
> In my opinion, having both would be a very odd duplication of
> functionality, and would be confusing for users and distros. What can
> sticky notes do that Tomboy can't?

Sticky Notes is SIMPLE. I love them. If I need to quickly write a
telephone number down I can create a nice, yellow(!) Sticky Note with
one click, type the number, and be done.

With Tomboy I need to think about a note title. As simple a task as that
is, most of the time I really can't be bothered.

Also, having pale yellow Sticky Notes with dropshadows and such is a
VERY nice effect with Compiz! I love the way they all hide away! :)

So, I answer your question with another question. Why do you think they
occupy the same use profile? I think tomboy is more for organising
information than for jotting down phone numbers.

--
Alex Jones <alex weej com>