Re: Mono/GTK#/Tomboy

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 18:10 -0700, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> As I hinted at back in April[1], I don't think Tomboy is a blanket
> replacement for sticky notes.  As I said, into the abyss, a first-run
> wizard for importing existing sticky notes makes more sense.

In my opinion, having both would be a very odd duplication of
functionality, and would be confusing for users and distros. What can
sticky notes do that Tomboy can't?

> I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the GNOME acceptance process.  Was I
> expected to do this work in the interim time frame?

You're not hostage to every guy who emails on d-d-l list, but you need
to make the release-team feel that there's consensus and that nothing
odd is going to happen. More or less. I'm not on the release team.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com