Re: Mono/GTK#/Tomboy

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Murray Cumming wrote:
And while there were almost no objections to Python, there are clearly
many objections to Mono.

What objections? So far, the only two objections I've heard are:

1. Performance -- I feel that I've addressed this in other emails.

2. Vague references to TLAs such as ISV, OEM, API, ABI without refering to specific problems. Mono provides a very strong ABI in the base class libraries (we implement the same API as the .NET framework). For mono specific libraries, Mono commits to a similar stability level.

Further, the objections mentioned all seem to apply equaly to python and mono. Python is allowed for desktop apps already. If nobody can come up with objections to mono that don't apply equally to python, it would seem that mono and python should be on equal footing.

-- Ben