Re: focus! (was Re: Focusing on innovation re: mono, python et al)

Le lundi 17 juillet 2006, à 11:31, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> Or even why is GNOME sidelining things like:
>   - Maemo
>   - Elisa
>   - One Laptop Per Child
>   - ...

We're working on fixing this :-)

> My first-order answer is that GNOME thinks of itself as "making a
> desktop" - even though the _reality_ is that the larger GNOME
> community/ecosystem is doing way more than that, and that the larger
> tech industry is doing still more.

And we're trying to fix the message too. My hope is that the new GNOME
website will help with the message. But we'll obviously need to change
the way we release GNOME too...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.