Re: New panel logout/shutdown alert - a mini ui review

On 2/9/06, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 09/02/2006 alle 07.46 -0500, Matthias Clasen ha scritto:
> > While we are discussing these dialogs, here are some other
> > small issues we have noticed:
> >
> > - Changing the numbers in the countdown string should not
> >   affect the dialog size
>
> ??

Wait till the countdown gets to the single digits, and see the dialog
shrink a bit. I have also seen minimal resizing happening when it
goes from 60 to 59. Depends on your font, of course.

> > - The button order in the Shutdown dialog is a bit odd.
> >   Why is Cancel in the middle between Shutdown and Reboot ?
>
> HIG: from right to left, in LTR, you have AffirmativeButton,
> CancelButton, AlternateButton1, AlternateButton2.

Hmm, ok. I guess I am tripping over the fact that neither Reboot nor Shutdown
is a good default for me here, I see them as equally likely ways to use this
dialog.

Matthias