Re: Solution suggestion [Was: gtk-engines photographed eating children]

<quote who="Andrew Johnson">

> For binary purposes I expect people to disable it from gtk-engines and
> depend on smooth packages based on official smooth releases, with official
> smooth version numbers.
>
> For all practical packaging purposes you should pretend it isn't even
> there.

So what's stopping us from a) disabling these engines by default and b) just
flat out removing them from the tarball entirely? Why pretend? ;-)

> I am quite sure I even said or implied this in the gtk-engines
> README. Maybe I simply need to clarify the README more..

> And then perhaps rename the file to
> UNDER_NO_CIRCUMSTANCES_SHOULD_YOU_READ_THIS so it actually has a chance of
> being read. ;)

The README doesn't really even come close to saying anything like this (at
least in the 2.6.0 tarball release).

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/