Re: Using python + pygtk in Desktop modules

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 13:26 -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> I am not talking about the Python app ABI, I'm talking about the C API
> Python exposes.

I'm not personally that concerned with cross-distro packages, and I
don't think they should be a big factor for us yet, but:

Are you saying that the Python C ABI changes between minor releases? I
doubt that, so I don't think that's an obstacle to cross-distro packages
- just link to a specific version of python's C ABI, such as 2.2 or 2.3.
Surely that's possible?

I can see that the /usr/local/bin or whatever in the #! is not very
cross-distro, but surely it wouldn't be too difficult for the python or
autopackage folks to come up with a better solution for that, even if it
involves something hacky like using
#!/usr/autopackage/bin/symlink_to_python-2.3?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com