Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 20:36 +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:25:12 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > We could still ship it, but it could just always return -1.  Personally,
> > I doubt any 3rd-party applications use this API, but I don't know for
> > sure.  Is anyone aware of one that does?
>
> Would returning -1 here break any software?

It would mean that sound would stop working for those applications.  But
I just don't think there are really any users outside of GNOME.  Fedora
has shipped with esd disabled by default for over a year now, and we
haven't had complaints (besides sound mixing not working).