Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 22:56 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> What I'd like to know: what is still missing? what are the next steps?
> Am I even near to get this into Gnome 2.10? Are there any general
> objections towards replacing Esound with Polypaudio? I am interested
> in a "yes" or "no" statement as definite and official as I can get it.

This is passing the buck a bit but I'd like to hear from some of the
teams that would be using this - Helix, GStreamer, Rhythmbox, Sound
Juicer, whoever.

I know some of those groups have traditionally said "we are agnostic,
you can choose the sound server you like" but the point is to get some
judgments from people who know about multimedia. Do they think this
would be a nice improvement over esound and would they set up their
stuff to use it by default.

Havoc