Re: GNOME Printing

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 00:20, James Henstridge wrote:

> First of all, there should only be one job id here (in IPP job ids are
> URIs, so the job id should tell you which remote print server it is
> queued on).

Well, not if you have a local cupsd which just forwards requests onto
another print server.  Then you have two queues, with separate job IDs
(btw, job IDs are integers, there is a separate job URI).

> You can get a list of the user's completed jobs for a particular queue
> quite easily.  Just send a get-jobs request with "my-jobs" set to true,
> and "which-jobs" set to "completed".

Yeah, but we don't want to poll all printers, all the time.  Right now
eggcups keeps track of the users' specific job IDs, and polls just those
jobs until they're completed.