Re: Next stop Utopia, full steam ahead?

On Llu, 2004-06-07 at 22:43, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > a good idea quite yet.  For example, at this point I'm still not sure
> > that "net.ethernet.80211" is right instead of "net.ethernet.wireless" or
> > "net.wireless".  Unfortunately we have a string API and with it are all

Pedant mode on: Ethernet is a registered trademark of Xerox Corporation.
802.11 is not Ethernet. Ethernet specifically refers to the physical
layer implementation and sometimes to DIX header formats. 802.x is the
proper way to refer to the 802.x series of formats.

"net.ethernet" is asking for Xerox to get annoyed at their mark being
misused. It might be a lot better to use net.802. for such keys.