Re: Next stop Utopia, full steam ahead?
- From: Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: Robert Love <rml ximian com>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, Utopians <utopia-list gnome org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Next stop Utopia, full steam ahead?
- Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:50:01 -0400
On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 23:43 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Oh, I was in fact thinking about the string API; libhal or the D-BUS
> network API hasn't changed much at all. I think that for at least
> storage devices we have a pretty solid API; at least it works well
> today, so freezing it in a stable branch should be OK. My understanding
> is that we only would need to maintain this branch for 2.8, we can make
> another stable branch for 2.10.
Ah, ok. It's a pain to have to maintain the 2 trees in CVS, but I guess
it's worth it if it means that apps will use it and that we don't have
to maintain tight API rules. :)
> Yeah, true. Well, first off all the gnome-vfs patch would have to be
> finished (I just posted the second version today), reviewed and
> integrated into CVS :-)
Yeah, yeah. Details.
] [Thread Prev