Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Jan Morén <jan moren lucs lu se>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals
- Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:24:49 +0000
On Sad, 2004-12-11 at 18:10, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 02:48 +0900, Jan Morén wrote:
> Because it's more complex - likely to break, and likely to waste a bunch
> of someone like Alex's time fixing stupid corner cases. We have
> empirical evidence of that from past GNOME experience and from Windows
> experience and from common sense based on writing lots of desktop code.
Non English is a "corner case" ? That strikes me as dangerous ground
Yes people will get it wrong, just like they get things wrong now. But
as I've said before the users are empowered to fix it. If applications
crap in the wrong folder then the application author will get patches.
The easier you make the API the less of them will get it wrong.
] [Thread Prev