Re: Missing file in libxklavier CVS

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:16:44AM +0000, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> I got an idea. This file in libxklavier is essentially a fallback
> version. Only for XFree 4.2- and commercial X servers. So what I _can_
> do is to put some fixed, unmaintainable (no upgrades, no translations)
> version of this file into xklavier - and freeze it (and not even the
> current one - the version I had for XFree 4.2!). Anyway, who needs new
> layouts/models/... (from XFree 4.3.+) there if XFree 4.2.0 does not have
> any info about them?
>
> The will be two classes of people who'd suffer:
>
> 1. Owners of commercial X servers (well, this part is in trouble
> initially anyway - I got no reports from people running gswithit on
> anything but XFree)
>
> 2. Strange people running XFree 4.2- who want to get the
> layout/model/... names localized.
>
> How does this sound to you, folks?

no upgrades sounds fine.
no translations is not a good idea.

We definitely need to get the crack GNOME translation squads onto
this file to improve it's coverage.  The best way to do that is to
set up the local copy with intltool support so that new
translations can get merged in, and patches sent upstream.

Would it make life easier if the dup lived in gnome cvs rather than
libxklavier ?