Re: Missing file in libxklavier CVS

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 09:29:06PM +0000, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> > Having a release tarball that does not correspond to some version of
> > CVS makes me uncomfortable.
> Hmmm. The pressure on me is really high. And I do not still understand
> why EXTERNAL library takes so much attention regarding the purity of its
> "maintainer build" process (not even builds from tarball). BTW, what
> would happen if libxklavier would have been being released from some
> closed CVS?:) Is it a common practive/fashion to build external
> libraries from their own respective CVSes?
>
> Another idea. What if I put some HOWTO.BUILD_FROM_CVS with the detailed
> description of the proper way to deal with the missing xfree86.xml? It
> wont really help with automating things - but at least would warn people
> - "look, there are complications here"

That wouldn't help much.  The only real area this matters is for the
various build scripts.  I suspect that if you could patch jhbuild to
work, or convince James to return to using the tarball releases the
problem would be solved for the vast majority of people.  Everyone
else could fall back on a README.