Re: About applications remembering size

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:49:07PM +0200, Manuel Clos wrote:
> The fixed-behaving app: *gnumeric*
>
> + open gnumeric -> you get a sized window
> - resize the window, restart -> you the same size always!
hmm, ok.  an easy extension.  bugzilla it.  Currently we have a pref
for what fraction of the screen to use by default,  but do not
auto update it.  With two documents open which size should a new
window enumlate, the last resize ?

> - open a gnumeric document from nautilus -> it shows in maximized state!
huh?  no.
gnumeric restores the geometry stored in the document (gnumeric or
xls) clipped to the display size.

> - unmaximize, resize the document, close, reopen the same document -> it
> shows in maximized state!
Did you you save the document with the new size ?

> - does not remember the last position.
You want documents to store their position as well as their size ?
Not impossible, but I'm unconvinced it is really useful either.
We could add it to gnumeric's xml, but xls only provides it in the
sense of where the document's MDI window is, and I don't recall if
that info is in an sxc