Re: Panel's GConf usage

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 12:21, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I can believe something like Evolution has this situation (and would
> be interested in the specific use cases just to help me think about
> future work, plus how you solved it - serialize to string?),

The major source of problem is the account list.  Each account has a
bunch of properties like hostname, email address, etc, but also some
preferences (eg. "don't delete mail from the POP server").

The way we "fixed" it is that we just use a string list, and each of the
items is an XML blob that we defined.

It kinda sucks, but that's at least simpler to handle (and harder to
break in a way that makes the data structures inconsistent) than unique
IDs or other similar hacks.

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>