Re: Panel's GConf usage

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 02:55, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I would say we should implement this as:
>  gconftool-2 --dump /apps/panel > panel-config.xml

	Can someone remind me quickly why we are using Gconf to store highly
structured, dynamic, non-schema-able data ? I was under the impression
that using a simple XML / text file was the recommended method for such
things ?

	What real advantages does using Gconf give here ? I can see that it's
excellent for static groups of simple settings but ...

	Regards,

		Michael.