Re: Panel's GConf usage
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Panel's GConf usage
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:55:41 -0500
On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:53:44AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 13:39, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > I don't see why gconf doesn't work for the panel. The directory
> > structure gives it fine structure, it is not that dynamic (no more so
> > than any other preference), and it can be schema-ed just fine.
> Does one still need to make up random/magic numbers to name the
> keys/directories with ? last time I poked (which was a while ago) - that
> was the solution to the lack of structured array/list support, is it
> still so ?
You have a random ID for each panel, yes. I don't really see what's
wrong with that however.
(It *is* wrong for the default panel setup, which could just as soon
use a nice name like "bottom_panel" - but for dynamically created
panels, "panel-1" is as good a name as any)
] [Thread Prev