Re: Proposal: "Preview" shell for EoG/gpdf/ggv

Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> writes:

> So, Martin and Jaka have already posted about the idea of a single shell for
> viewing PS and PDF files using the ggv and gpdf backends.
>
> It occured to me this afternoon that EoG worked exactly the same way - it's
> an image viewing component with a minimal shell. Wouldn't it be cool if all
> three components used the same shell for static document viewing?

But isn't EoG for single images, whereas Postcript and PDF files are
usually longer documents? When I invoke EoG, I want zooming and
intelligent resizing of the window. When I use ggv/gpdf, I want it to
provide page navigation commands and a window size/zoom level which is
convenient for reading.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/