Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 16:41, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Daniel Farrell">
>
> > Email
> > Web Browsing
> > Instant Messaging
> > Audio playing(and video is catching up)
>
> (I pretty much agree.)
>
> > We should keep the basic desktop in plain view.  Are there any reasons
> > Gaim shouldn't be including in the basic desktop?
>
> IMHO, Gaim does not integrate brilliantly with GNOME [1], and certainly
> doesn't follow the HIG. I'm not sure the developers are willing to commit to
> the goals of the GNOME Desktop release, either.

I would have agreed with you and used to hate Gaim, but the new one is
really nice and has a totally new UI.

Also they are in the process of sepporating the UI and the backend code
so we could use the backend at least in the desktop..

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]
    [ Public Key: http://evolvedoo.sf.net/sisobatericomdotnet.asc  ]