Re: Awesome new Mozilla roadmap!

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 00:12:31 +0400
Vadim Plessky <plessky cnt ru> wrote:

> KDE does it because KDE *can* deliver first-class browser.
> AFAIK, it's the best browser on the market, if you count both
> standards-compatibility and ability to render pages designed for MS IE.

Pages designed for MS IE, ah yes. So you're trying to say that poorly designed
pages that are optimized for MS IE should be supported. Bravo!

> On the other hand, Mozilla team can't deliver good browser even after 5 years
> of work. So, it's rather stupid to discuss wether GNOME should have Galeon or
> Epiphany.
> If you want nice GNOME - than GNOME *should not* have Gecko-based browser!

And now you're saying that Mozilla is the worst browser on the market today.
Let's face the facts:

about 99.9 % of all pages are perfectly rendered in Mozilla (gecko is the
rendering engine, remember?)
safari/khtml/konqueror are close to that, but they aren't there yet.
For the normal user khtml is enough, yep. But since gecko renders more pages
more perfectly and since it's become quite fast it's my choice for now and
_probably_ for the future.

greetings,
Christian