Re: Recently used applications

Calum Benson wrote:

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 00:27, John McCutchan wrote:

I think that the windows xp start menu is decent. Having most frequently
run programs and the ability to pin certain programs to a short list of
6 at the top of the list and then a seperate button to get the full
list of applications is much easier to use from a novice's point of view.

Users never cease to amaze me :)  You say these are novice users, yet
they apparently know how to 'pin' programs to the list so they always
appear... I've been using XP for a year and never knew you could do that
:)  I assume (since I'm not running it right now) that this is a feature
that's only available by right clicking on an item in the Apps list? Did you show them how to do this or did they figure it out for
themselves?
The feature is sort of discoverable for people who have used the menu editing in previous versions of Windows. The entries above the separator are static, while the ones below vary depending on your usage. To pin an app, simply drag it from below the separator to above.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.