Re: Recently used applications

<quote who="James Willcox"/>

> On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 19:22, John McCutchan wrote:
> > Has there been any work in the recently used file code, to extend it for
> > recently used applications?
>
> Yes.  I have (or had) some patches to gnome-desktop and gnome-panel that
> showed a list of recently used applications.  However, the usability team
> decided that this wasn't something we wanted to have in the panel.

Was the feature not wanted, or the placement of the menu?

  (I think the placement of both the recent docs and recent apps menus is
  kind of a hard problem with our current menus, but both are very useful.)

- Jeff

--
  "NASCAR is not race per se. It's just a contest about who can turn left
                            the best." - Unknown