Re: UI Review Suggestions - Preference Dialogs

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 07:01:36PM +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> Actually the UI is just pretty ugly here; it's quite nasty to have to go
> into another app's preferences dialog just to enable some options in
> this one.  Personally I'd much rather see the relevant checkboxes
> incorporated right into the Font Preferences dialog somehow to
> enable/disable the window manager and terminal font settings.

The right course of action IMO is to nuke "use system font for window
titles" so this is never disabled.

Fonts that are *in* the system font dialog don't need an option to
track the system font.

> Also, does the "Terminal font" in this dialog really only apply to the
> terminal, or does it apply to any GNOME app that requires a monospaced
> font (e.g. in some Yelp docs)?  If it's the latter, it should be renamed
> and never disabled anyway.

There was an earlier thread about this when Owen added the option, I
think.

Havoc