Re: Update: 2.2 Proposed Modules List

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 05:15:49PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Jeff mentioned:
>
> >  - vte: Terminal widget with improved font, internationalisation and
> >    accessibility support. Designed to replace libzvt.
>
> Ah, lest someone think that means 'improved accessibility support' note that the
> accessibility support in vte is unusably incomplete at the moment, thus much inferior
> to libzvt's accessibility, which does work.  See bugzilla 95901

I always have to point out that a working maintained terminal widget
is the issue - we can fix bugs.

Patches to zvt terminal emulation don't even get applied, because no
one knows how to evaluate them. This means the codebase is dead.

Hinging the big picture on one bug or area of functionality is just
wrongheaded.

Havoc