Re: UI Review Suggestions - Preference Dialogs

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 17:34, Michele Campeotto wrote:

> > o Font Preferences
> > 	- If Window title font is disabled from another place, then the
> > 	  label should be greyed out as well - similarly for terminal
>
>    Yeah, right. but how do I know why this is disabled and how to enable
> it? (I am aware of Metacity's option, but why is this disabled by default?)

Actually the UI is just pretty ugly here; it's quite nasty to have to go
into another app's preferences dialog just to enable some options in
this one.  Personally I'd much rather see the relevant checkboxes
incorporated right into the Font Preferences dialog somehow to
enable/disable the window manager and terminal font settings.

Also, does the "Terminal font" in this dialog really only apply to the
terminal, or does it apply to any GNOME app that requires a monospaced
font (e.g. in some Yelp docs)?  If it's the latter, it should be renamed
and never disabled anyway.

Cheeri,
Calum.