Re: gnome-session dialog on crack

hi :)

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 04:21:44PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> Control-alt-delete is Kill, and I never really understood why Windows
> overloaded it to include Log Off, Task Manager etc.

in windows, ctrl-alt-del is not kill but a special key that
cannot be caught by user applications.

it always invokes trusted system code, which is important when
locking the display, changing the password, or logging in
(which is why windows even asks for c-a-d for the login screen)

so i really like such a trusted-code-key, it's sad nobody
implemented it for linux yet.

PS: strange feeling having to defend windows... ;)

--
CU,		  / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz	//  [Tali on IRCnet]  [tali.home.pages.de] _________