Re: gnome-session dialog on crack

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 16:14, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> OK, so you want to say me that Lock screen and Suspend are
> non-destructive actions and need not a confirmation dialog. So it may be
> not a very good idea to mix all them in one dialog.

I was about to say that, but then I read this :)

> I would like the following workflow:
> Actions
>     Lock Screen
>     Suspend
>     Exit
>     ___________
>     etc...
>
> Choosing Exit pops up a dialog:
>
>     {Warning}  Exit will close all running programs.
>                Are you sure you want to leave desktop?
>
>     [_Shut Down] [_Reboot]      [_Cancel] [[_Log Out]]

The only change I'd like to see here would be of wording.
Either the message (sentence then question) is rewritten to match the
button labels, or the button labels changed to match the message.

I suggest removing the question...

> Pressing any button does not need confirmation. Because... this *is*
> confirmation dialog, and has a warning saying what will happen.

yes.

Dave Bordoley did not like the display with 4 buttons...
Well, I understand his view and I don't have any problem with having the
list of actions then ok, but I've read in a site criticizing UI that
although that is a very organized way of doing things (in a tech kind of
way) it is not very user friendly because it takes more time than just
clicking a button, since there are not that many options for this dialog
4 unique buttons isn't really a lot compared to quickly and easily doing
things with ONE click (I hope Amazon doesn't sue me).

Cheers,

+ So let's do it...?