Re: gnome-session dialog on crack

Ross Burton wrote:
It would be more convenient to press Ctrl+Alt+Del and get a dialog with six buttons:

[snip]

The problem I see with this is that I sometimes hit control-alt-delete
as my X server/GTK has crashed and I need to kill X.

If hitting control-alt-delete brings up a dialog which needs the
mouse/keyboard/gtk etc to be working fine, and they don't, bad things
will happen.

Control-alt-delete is Kill, and I never really understood why Windows
overloaded it to include Log Off, Task Manager etc.

This does not need to be that particular key sequence (which is impossible to hit with one hand if you have right alt = altgr). I just wanted to say that there is some key combination with which you can pop up a dialog and shutdown quickly.

When I leave my desk, I just press ctrl+alt+del and enter -- that's all, my workstation is locked.

You kill your X server with ctr+alt+backspace, that's another key combination and does different thing.

--
Gediminas