Re: gnome-session dialog on crack

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 16:14, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> Add to this list Standby, and Lock Screen, and you have 5 menu items in
> the Actions (or GNOME) menu. You *have* to use menus to get to any of
> these actions.
>
> It would be more convenient to press Ctrl+Alt+Del and get a dialog with
> six buttons:
[snip]

The problem I see with this is that I sometimes hit control-alt-delete
as my X server/GTK has crashed and I need to kill X.

If hitting control-alt-delete brings up a dialog which needs the
mouse/keyboard/gtk etc to be working fine, and they don't, bad things
will happen.

Control-alt-delete is Kill, and I never really understood why Windows
overloaded it to include Log Off, Task Manager etc.

Just my tuppence,
Ross
                                       jabber: rossburton jabber org
                        diary: http://advogato.org/person/RossBurton