Re: [Usability]Re: GNOME personas

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 02:38:31PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 02:32:01PM -0500, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > And who is going to come up with these "personas"? Thank you for
> > belaboring my point. Might I suggest we get some "real people",
> > just a few of them, to target. Like, maybe 2 Windows people, 2
> > Mac people, and 2 people that are just real users of whatever,
> > and don't really have any administrative or hacking skills, or
> > know-how for working around issues? And 1 of the Windows users
> > would be an admin, and one of the Mac users would be an admin.
>
> Why don't you read the book?

(This isn't meant to be a smartass response btw, the book does address
the question of "why don't we use real people?"  for example at the
start of chapter 9 there's brief mention of it, one I found
quickly. If you read what the book suggests and read what it has to
say then we have enough common background information to actually
argue about it.)

Havoc