Re: [Usability]Re: GNOME personas

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 01:09:40PM +0000, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> I would be wary of constricting the short-term GNOME audience like this.
> I cannot see why it would be anything but advantageous to do our best to
> design for all personas, without the "We don't need to worry about this
> being confusing to Steve, he's not a primary persona" attitude that
> could arise by having primary personas.

Did you read the book? If you didn't, go read it, and then worry about
it. ;-) Don't worry about it yet.

> Even if we do design for primary personas over other personas, I do not
> recall any foundation consensus that GNOME is aimed more at
> office/business users in the short-term than home desktop users. Can
> anyone point me to a thread or minutes where this decision was made, or
> was it just a hypothetical example?

It was just hypothetical. However I am suggesting that we make a
decision in some direction eventually, that's sort of the point of the
exercise. But first we need a lot of people to read the book to
understand what the decision means so we can talk about it.

Havoc