Re: [Usability]Re: User Managment

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 15:38, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:
> > I want minimum hassle for my users, what do I put in the .desktop file
> > for it to work equally on all sorts of setup ?
>
> I don't know. I don't think there's really a way to do this.
>
> If we had a gnome-sudo then that would work for people installing from
> tarballs, but we'd have to delete it out of PAM-based distributions,
> is all I'm saying.
>
> It would still be fine to have gnome-sudo, I have no objections, as
> long as it's easy to drop it out.

No, the point is to have a dead simple helper script that would launch
*either* gnome-sudo, the consolehelper or activate whatever mechanism
the distribution/Unix system has available for that purpose.

That way the setup tool developer knows that this command will be
available on every system, and will do the right thing on the system.

I don't want to push gnome-sudo into GNOME as the one true way, or even
at all, if that's what you think ;)

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera