Re: [Usability]Re: User Managment

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 03:48, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:
> > You didn't understand me I think. This helper would just launch
> > whichever front-end to your nice "graphical su". On my machine for
> > example, I would set it up so that it launched gnome-sudo. Gnome-sudo
> > would take care of the PAM stuff (actually, it would probably be sudo in
> > that case).
>
> With pam there isn't a thing like gnome-sudo, is the point. That's not
> how pam is set up.

OK, let's attack this problem from another side.

Hypothetical problem: I've written a GUI to configure ProFTPD, or
Apache, and it requires root permissions.

I want minimum hassle for my users, what do I put in the .desktop file
for it to work equally on all sorts of setup ?

Remember that GNOME is here to help the developer, so what does GNOME
do?

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net