Re: Preferences [Was: a whole lot of other things, too]

On 23Apr2002 09:01AM (-0400), Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > As it happens, I have a screenshot of the Mac OS X preferences program here:
> >
> >   http://perkypants.org/screenshots/osx-prefs.jpg
> >

> Yes! I'd forgotten about that one. Worth considering.
>
> Still looks like it has a max of about 28 control panels before it
> starts to break down though. ;-) I'm sure it starts scrolling or gets
> larger or something, but scrolling would lose the "display everything
> at once" feature that makes it nice right?

Yes, past 6 rows the design starts totally breaking down. It will be
interesting to see if Apple can resist the temptation to add a
MacOS-9-like quantity of control panels to Mac OS X. Might be an
interesting litmus test of whether this design is tenable in the long
term.

 - Maciej