Re: Help accessibility [Was: New look of the yelp TOC for review]

<quote who="Calum Benson">

> The problem is that there is no one "accessible" theme-- some people need
> big print, some need high or low contrast, some need both.  I dunno much
> (well, anything) about stylesheets,

Okay;

> but I'm guessing the only way we could get away with a universal
> stylesheet would be if Yelp had buttons to increase/decrease font size on
> the fly, and the ability to choose the document's foreground, background
> and link colours.

Well, Yelp is a web browser at heart, and web browsers do just that. :)

> Otherwise I assume we'd need to provide different stylesheets to meet
> different users' requirements, and provide some way of choosing which one
> to use either in Yelp or some centralised desktop location.

Will CSS alternatives be good enough? (So we provide a few CSS stylesheets
that change fore/back/link colours.)

What confused me was the central configuration point... That's "hard". :-)

- Jeff

--
  "If you want to start a debate on a subject, however, all that seems to
     be necessary is to involve perennial target Richard Gooch." - LWN