Re: [Deskbar] A couple suggestions

2007/2/13, Sebastian Pösterl <marduk k-d-w org>:

David Prieto schrieb:

> Well, I might just be used to how Epiphany works. Epi uses the location
> bar icon to select all the text, and also allows writing even after the
> dropdown list pops up... it's not like pops up BEFORE you start typing,
> I have to give you that.
>
> It would just feel natural to me, but of course that's just my point of
> view.

Seems like a normal gtk.ComboboxEntry to me.
Is it possible to write the history not in an additional popup but in
that one gtk.ComboboxEntry has?

Well, the history data model is just a gtk.ListStore so I think you can get a way with a lot of things. But I think you have to make the entry ui a combobox entry if you wanna go that way, that is probably going to look wierd..?

If you wan't to look at how to do this you should look at gtk-entry-completion.c in the gtk source files. The navigation/focus stuff of gtk_entry_completion is one big hack - (how deskbar does it is an even bigger hack (that must never be mentioned again))...

Cheers,
Mikkel