Re: [Deskbar] Firefox: Extra search engines

2007/2/14, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com>:
Hello list,
I've recently switched back to the deskbar on Ubuntu Feisty; yay for
Firefox search engine support!

I've been having a slight problem though. It seems there are a bunch
of extra search engines showing up that aren't in Firefox. [1] I was
wondering if they were being loaded from some crufty configuration
file, or whether there were an alternate way of removing them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

[1] http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/507/screenshotdeskbarappletzt6.png

Hi!

I am the one responsible for the ff2 search engine parser. Another "bug" that is very similar to what you describe (and probably stems from the same issue) is that if you disable search engines, they still show up in deskbar. I must be honest and confess that I don't know how to fix this. I've searched everywhere for some setting that I could read to check for disabled search engines, but I couldn't find it. I'm afraid it is stored somewhere in a database-like binary structure that I'm not really keen on parsing...

If anybody knows where the find these settings it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Mikkel