Re: [Deskbar] A couple suggestions

2007/2/13, David Prieto <frandavid100 gmail com>:
> Afaik, someone else proposed that feature, too.
> I totally agree. It would be very neat to change history items.
> If I find time and hard code freeze doesn't prohibit any changes I try
> to go into that feature, because I think this would improve Deskbar a lot.

Thank you, I have been using Deskbar a lot lately but I keep finding
myself using it the wrong way.

I can't wait to see it implemented ^___^

Why would alt-f3 show the history? I can see that with your ideas it doesn't do any obvious harm, except that I find it confusing, which is why I'm a bit against the idea.

Sebastian: Beware - this is extremely tricky. You have to pass input focus back and forth between the history popup and the entry in a sensible way. This is basically one of the big main targets of the entire cuemiac codebase. It's really tricky to get right.

Hope I', not reeking with stop energy. I don't intend to :-)

Another related note: It appears that we have severe *regressions* in the entry ui (is there only a minority using it?)...

1) If the entry is unfocused and contains text, it does not select the entire text when clicked
2) If you click outside the popup it does not hide (stil works for history though)

(Did I say focus was tricky to get right :-D)

Cheers,
Mikkel