Re: System.Xml.XmlException: Document element did not appear. Line 1, position 1.

> > Are there reasons to believe that reporting "last message repeated"
> > is better than disabling debug output ?
>
> Yes.  Because a) you get at least one full error message and stack and
> b) you an indication of how frequently it's occurring and c) you don't a
> bazillion copies of the *exact* same error over and over again eating
> GBs of disk space until a disk is filled up.

Well, even if 1 line is printed instead of the full stacktrace, if
left long enough the harddisk will still fill up. Probably a bit
slowly, but eventually the disk will be filled up. The problem is the
user would only notice this when there is a severe lack of space.

Something is better than nothing, so I checked in (svn trunk r4397)
support for the above, namely if a large message is repeated then only
the first line is printed and marked "(Repeated)".