Re: beagles eating my /var filesystem

Followup:

> Unfortunately, all of the above is probably a red herring wrt the original problem.
> Those extra entries cannot occupy that amount of space. Its what
> I suspect a problem in Lucene and the workaround I added in
> 0.3.0 might fix such problems. I will confirm once I get a chance
> to look inside the segments file.

As it turned out, the problem was caused by lack of space. Lack of
hard disk space is a problem which is not handled carefully in beagle
right now. In this particular case, Lucene.Net is swallowing all the
exceptions thrown due to lack of space which was leaving behind
temporary files without informing us (us = beagled). In some of the
'better' cases, beagled/index-helper would simply exit printing the
error message.

But in general, if suddenly space dries out, there are many things
which would break. I am adding to my todo list.